The word glory is a variant of splendour. It means beauty, magnificent appearance, luster, brilliance. Everyone is called into a glorious destiny in Christ Jesus, 1 peter 2:9. “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (NIV)
At the time of salvation, we become an extension of the splendour (glory) of God. However, only few out of the multitude who are called, truly enter the fullness of glory allocated to their destinies. This has nothing to do with God. It is absolutely a result of ignorance or spiritual lukewarmness.
A realm is an abstract sphere of influence. It is also a state or territory ruled by a specific power. God has called us to be kings and priests in him. Revelation 1:5-6 says, “Unto him that loved and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath has made kings and priests unto God and his father…”(kjv) If God has called you to be a king and a priest, it means that there is a splendour you ought to have as you operate on earth.
There are four basic realms of glory
Text: proverbs 4:18 “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (KJV)
“The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day” (NIV)
Take note of the words, shining light (IST realm) more (2nd realm), and more (3rd realm), perfect day (4th realm). (Several authors wrote the books of proverbs- Jakeh, lemuel and the others but it is often attributed to Solomon because he wrote a large portion of it). The author was aware that the daylight is a product of four levels of the sun’s beam on earth. He therefore likened it to the path of a man who has begun his spiritual journey in Christ Jesus.
Realm 1: Astronomical dawn: This is the first gleam of dawn. It is the moment after which the sky is no longer completely dark. For us, it is the time when one is newly saved. You are no longer in darkness. However, your mind is still familiar with the old nature, old patterns of doing things still interfere in your walk with God, Your spirit man has been regenerated but your mind needs a renewal process. One’s heart is filled uncertainty about his future. He takes baby steps (walk and stumble), because he hasn’t got enough light (revelation of God).
Realm 2: Nautical dawn: The second gleam of dawn. This is the time at which there is enough sunlight for some objects to be distinguishable. At this level, a believer has enough revelation to walk in the path of destiny. He is able to discern the will of God for his life. He can resist those things that made him stumble when he first believed. He is able to clearly discern the seasons of his destiny. He can tell the implications of his obedience or disobedience to God’s word. His understanding of God increases and their level of intimacy deepens. He matures in the operation of the spiritual gifts given to him. He begins to bear fruit because he has a good degree of revelation needed for him to define his mission on earth.
Realm 3: Civil dawn: The third gleam of dawn. This is the time at which there is enough light for objects to distinguishable so that outdoor activities can commence. At this realm, there is enough revelation for your assignment/ mandate to take on new dimensions. You can take on kingdom projects that you wouldn’t have been able to take on before now. For some ministries, it is the time when the branch out, for it’s a time when the gates of nations are opened to them. At this level, there is no darkness in any direction. God has made a huge progress on his perfecting work in making us more like Christ. Our attitude is improved. The sky at this point, stays bright even when cloudy. The believer keeps shining his light even in the face of trials and tribulation.
Realm 4: Perfect day. The full light of day, No clouds, brightest sunshine. This is the moment when we become exactly like Christ. We reign in the fullness of his power and glory. We enter this realm of glory when JESUS COMES! 1 John 3:2-3 “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR NEXT REALM OF GLORY
Text: Jude 20
“But you dear friends build yourselves up in your most Holy faith and pray in the HolySpirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.”
Step 1: Build yourself up in your most holy faith. Your most holy faith is the previous level of faith you operated in. Our faith at its essence is Holy (separated from common use). Our faith begins when we first come to Jesus for Salvation. Jude is saying, don’t stay at that level where you first begun. Move up.
Levels of faith
1. Gift Faith: Simple believe in God. This faith is a gift of God. It is the faith that enables us to surrender to Jesus. HHHHHoo Ephesians 2:8 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.”
This faith as simple as it seems, is perfect. It grasps the unrealities of hope and brings them into the realm of reality. We see it operate in Mark 2:5 at the healing of the paralytic mark 5:34 at the healing of the woman with the issue of blood.
2. Little faith: At this level one’s believe in God out accommodates anxiety. One is troubled about cares of life. Mathew 6:30-31. This level is a drop from the gift Faith.
3. Great faith: This is absolute trust in the capabilities of God. It doesn’t permit circumstances or limitations to question the authority of God’s word. We see it operate in Mathew 8:10 at the healing of the centurion’s daughter, Mathew 15:22-28 at the healing of the Canaanite woman’s daughter. It is an increase on the gift of faith.
Step 2: Pray In the HolySpirit.
This means to talk to God in a spiritual language birthed by the HolySpirit. Pentecostals call it praying in tongues.
Benefits of praying in tongues
1. Direct connection with God. 1 Corinthians 14:2. Your communication with God cannot be intercepted by the enemy because they don’t know what you are saying. Doubt can’t even intercept it because your mind doesn’t know what you are praying about.
2. Uttering mysteries. 1 Corinthians 14:2. A mystery is not absolutely obscure, hard to understand or baffling. It is relatively baffling because it has not been revealed or divulged to you. When you pray in tongues, your spirit utters mysteries you did not know about. Sometimes the mystery becomes known to you as you pray, at other times it stays as a mystery to your mind, but a revelation in your spirit. This is why sometimes; we sense a burden, pray in tongues and feel relieved without knowing what we actually prayed for.
3. Edification (oikodomeo). 1 Corinthians 14:4 this means 3 things –build up, strengthen encourage. You build (mature) your spirit man, strengthen yourself (vision, passion, ministry, prayer life) and encourage yourself when you pray in the Holyghost.
4. Praying the will of God. Romans 8:27. The Holyspirit prays through us, the mind of God. We establish his perfect will over any matter when we pray in tongues. Prayer done in the Holyghost never gets a No from God because it is his perfect will prayed by His Spirit.
5. Submitted tongue. James 3:8, No one can control the tongue except the HolySpirit. From the tongue comes death and life, hence that is the first thing we see the Holyghost take hold of when he fills a person. He rules your tongue. When we pray in the Holyghost, we submit our tongue to God.
STEP 3: keep yourself in the Love of God.
It means to abide in the place of intimacy. John 15: 9
Benefits of abiding in the Love of God. John 15:4-8
1. You Produce results
2. You flourish
3. Your desires are met